Monday, April 14, 2008

Time Off

I'm still looking for my prince. You do have to kiss alot of frogs...Maybe my prince is really a frog. Maybe the frog is just fine how he is!!

I had an interesting weekend. I went to see the symphony perform film music. Then I got bored because great songs from film aren't the same when the singers sing in such a contrasting style from the original. Modern vocal style clashes with old standards, but then again, that's just my opinion.

SO after that, I went karaoking. I now have goal with it--I've decided to submit an application for America's Got Talent. Apparently I have a little bit. You see, it's hard for a performer to give up performing. But I don't want to go into it full time again. I hate auditioning. It's abyssmal pay when you get work for the majority of actors. Musicals pay about $800 a week for an Equity union contract. Good luck getting that contract. For now I'm sticking with having some fun at karaoke.

0 comments: